Monday, September 12, 2011

App for Travelers: Predicts Possible Turbulence on Your Flight

I have to admit, some unexpected turbulence gets me on the edge when flying - especially if I wake up from it. There's an app available for download from iTunes called Turbcast that predicts turbulence on a traveler's flight.


Travelers enter their departure and arrival airports with the 3 letter code (for example, Mexico City International Airport is MEX) and time zone/date. Then the travel app displays the turbulence results for take off, en route, and arrival. Currently the app only works for flights traveling within the US, but plans to expand and include international cities. 

How do business travelers feel about this? Would you rather know about turbulence ahead of time or would this only add to your stress while flying? I think this app could give me piece of mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment